About Us: Film & Entertainment Advisory Council
The Florida Film & Entertainment Advisory Council was formed as a result of legislation signed into law by the Governor Jeb Bush, July 1, 1999. Created in accordance with Chapter 288.1252 of the Florida Statutes, the Florida Film & Entertainment Advisory Council consists of 17 members, seven appointed by the Governor, five appointed by the President of the Senate, and five appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The Film Commissioner, a representative of Enterprise Florida, Inc., a representative of Workforce Florida, Inc., and a representative of the Florida Tourism Industry Marketing Corporation (Visit Florida) serve as ex officio, nonvoting members of the council, and are in addition to the 17 appointed members of the Council.
The purpose of the Council is to serve as an advisory body to the Department of Economic Opportunity and to the Florida Office of Film and Entertainment to provide these offices with industry insight and expertise related to developing, marketing, promoting, and providing service to Florida's entertainment industry.
- To aid in the development of plans to address the needs of Florida's film and entertainment industry.
- To improve the quality of life for all Floridian's through the support and enhancement of a business climate that is conducive to the State's film & entertainment industry.
- To provide a broad and consistent base of industry related demographic, economic, and informational support to the Office of Film and Entertainment.
- To advise in the development of an educational system that promotes a seamless K-12 through college digital/film education track, occupational skills training, and incumbent worker re-training, for the film & entertainment industry in Florida.
- To strengthen film & entertainment industry planning and cooperation among public sector agencies and private sector organizations.
- To assist governmental institutions and legislators in obtaining the resources necessary to proactively plan for the rapidly changing needs of the digital entertainment medium.
- To be inclusive and work with special communities, minorities and diverse organizations in order to develop innovative ways of addressing their unique needs and challenges.
The FFEAC will be holding their 1st Quarterly meeting on March 14th from 10-12pm, EST.
The call in information is as follows:
Call in number: 1-888-670-3525
Conference Code: 4091758923
For more information please call our main office at (850) 717-8990. Thank you!
back to top